A rosin bag is a soft pouch that’s filled with rosin powder. It is used as a container, applicator and dispenser of rosin powder to the hands, feet, instruments and surfaces to improve grip and prevent slipping.
Rosin bags are used in many different sports including Baseball, Bull Riding, Mountain Climbing, Gymnastic, Ballet Dancing, Rope climbing, Circus shows and many more.
When you order one pound containers of pure rosin powder, you may request it to be shipped in cotton bags instead of plastic jars.
We can produce rosin bags according to your specifications. Let us know what size bag you need, how much powder in each bag, and what blend of rosin powder do you prefer. We offer rosin powder blends with Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate and Talcum Powder. We can also help you decide which combination and ratio is best for your specific application.
Uses of Rosin Bags in Sports
Some of the many good uses of rosin bags include:
- Use the rosin bag to pitch. The rosin bag’s most famous use is for baseball pitchers who need dry hands to correctly grip and throw the ball. Keep a fresh rosin bag behind the mound for easy access. After each pitch, or whenever you feel your hands getting clammy, grab the rosin bag in your pitching hand and give it a squeeze. Dust off excess powder and get ready to play ball.
- Use rosin bags for batting. Rosin bags aren’t just helpful for throwing a baseball, they’re also good for hitting one. Batters frequently use the rosin bag on both hands before they bat. Use slightly more powder on your hands than a pitcher does so a little bit of the rosin gets onto the bat. Take a firm grip, make sure your hands are dry and step up to the plate.
- Keep a rosin bag near the bowling lane. If you find that slippery hands are throwing off your bowling game just put a small bag next to the lane. You can lightly powder both hands to get extra traction on the bowling ball each time you bowl. Many bowlers find that the rosin bag is more useful than the usual bowling towel or cloth.
- Cowboys use rosin bag on their ropes, hands, gloves and saddle where additional grip is needed.
- Keep a rosin bag with you. If you find yourself to prey to clammy hands, especially at the most inopportune time, then keep a rosin bag with you wherever you go. Rosin bags are extremely effective when you need a better grip on your tools or equipment. So, place a rosin bag in a small plastic zip-lock bag and keep it in your backpack or tool box for easy access. Give your hands a light dusting and then wipe them off on a towel to stay dry and comfortable.
- Make your own blend: Our rosin powders have a high ratio of gum rosin to maximize grip. If you need less grip and more dryness, dilute your rosin powder by adding some talcum powder (available at pharmacies).
Where to Buy Rosin?
Our rosin products are available for sale at www.ChemicalStore.com. For large orders please call in advance and verify the availability, wholesale discounts and shipping options. If you cannot find any product in the online store of your choice, please use the search option of the store or call (973) 405-6248 for further assistance.
All orders will be shipped from our warehouses in United States (USA), Canada or United Kingdom. We ship worldwide to most countries including U.S., Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, and many other countries.